Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Spring Updates!

The past two weeks have been so busy. I feel like I have been starting every entry this way for this whole semester (I still live my life in semesters since I'm on school calenders.) Some updates of things that have happened since I last blogged!

Jim's parents came to visit the last weekend in April. It was a lovely visit. They all ran a race in Flowood to benefit Mississippi Blood Services! I was at home with Annie in my pj's. I know I felt guilty too!

We are enjoying our deck because we finally bought patio furniture! This is Jim eating our first dinner outside. As you can see, it's take-out. Don't judge, I really do cook most of the time.

On Cinco De Mayo- I took my comps! I am so glad that they're finally over. Now just one more big project and I'm really done. It just so happened we were invited to go to the make-a-wish banquet here in Jackson that evening. It was a great celebration of all the wishes granted to honor the sponsors! There was even a silent auction. We tried to win several things but we lost, of course!
                                                           Jim's Company- Tyson.


                                                          @ The Banquet

..And finally this week we took the MCT2 test. Well I didn't, but I might as well have been! I felt like I had studied for that test more than the kids, ha! It went really well and we're hoping for great results come the end of June! It's a relief to just enjoy the last few days of school with my class minus all the testing pressure.

This weekend is of course Mother's Day. We debated on whether or not we should head to tobie because we'll be coming for Jules' wedding next weekend. However with BOTH of our mother's being there, we just couldn't imagine not being there with them. So we're headed home tomorrow for about the 20th time this semester, haha. I love going home, but I so hate the drive. Anyways I have to vote for Eleanor on Saturday at the Mayfair because she's in the cutest cat contest! Thanks to Mrs. Pam, Meme, and her sunday school ladies, we have raised some great money for the shelter!!

Annie is sure excited about staying with "NeNe" aka Denise! She was ready to leave tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment