Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Welcome Summer!

Hello Blog World, I have been out of touch lately! You would think that since summer is finally here, I would have been much better at this. However there is only one reason for the lack of communication: sickness! Yes, I go all school year without getting ill (except for the normal migraine stuff) and the first week of summer, I get sick. Go figure! I'm talking running fever sick (and I haven't done that in years!) It was absolutely no fun. On top of the illness, I had my graduate portfolio due yesterday and my last research paper due this past Monday. Needless to say, I worked in the bed all last week and weekend. Yuck. So glad it's over and I'm up to par again. Look who kept me company:

My little snuggle buddy who didn't leave my side. So sweet! 

Before I became sick, we celebrated Memoral Day weekend with friends! We went to dinner and I enjoyed doing some things around the house. 

"I walk with Jim." This is Jim and his buddy Sam going to eat dinner. We went to eat at a seafood restaurant in Jackson that I wish I could remember the name of! It was wonderful, we'll definitely be going back! 

I made this wreath for my front door. It's not the greatest, but added a little bit of color to my front porch. I LOVE grapevine, sticks, and such. I would have had curly willow in my bridal bouquet but even I know that's a little far:-) 

This has been my partner. She follows me everywhere, literally. I never thought I would be that kind of person who was obsessed with their dog. I treat her like she's my child really! My mom has to remind all the time me that she is just a dog!! 

I am not the only one obsessed. This is Annie greeting her daddy in the driveway when he gets home from work. Poor Jim- He tries so hard to get Annie to lay with him but she only wants to play. She comes to me when she wants to snuggle. 

This is another project that I finished Memorial Day weekend. These rockers were my nana's (Joy's) and I absolutely love them. All they needed was a fresh coat of paint and they look beautiful. Now, I just need Jordan Irvin to come rock with me and have tea:-) 
(I know I need pillows, and a plant for my planter-eek! They're coming) 

I have many many house projects I want to complete this summer. Last week I lucked up on some great fabric. I bought enough for window treatments in my living room and kitchen. I dropped them off today and can't wait to see them when they're complete! I'm also recovering one of my gradmother's chairs with new fabric! ...And my bathroom is getting painted. Right now it's the most awful 1990's wallpaper, hunter green. It's pretty terrible, so I'm thrilled to be updating! I will post before and after pics when all is complete! 

This summer is going to be wonderful! Lots of traveling coming up- Nashville, NYC, Oxford, and Cruise. Hopefully I'll do a better job of updating:-) Happy Weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment