Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Year of Wedded Bliss

Yesterday, Jim and I celebrated our first year anniversary! Can't believe a year has already come and gone. Time flies when you're having fun I suppose! Here are some highlights from our anniversary date: (Please keep in mind I am camera-less only for one more week hopefully, I am depending solely on the good ole i phone!)


We decided to eat dinner at Shapley's in Jackson. I had never been before but I certainly hope we return. We both had steak which was fantastic, however my favorite thing: BREAD PUDDING!! to die for.

The top layer of our wedding cake had been quite through the ringer, as you can tell. It is also HUGE! When I planned my wedding cake, I didn't want many layers. I decided to do three thick layers instead. I didn't really think that when we would save the top layer, I was actually saving 1/4 of the entire cake! haha. Unfortunately, it was not that enjoyable. Yuck! It was much better at my wedding :)

One of my favorite things ever. My grandmother had a family bible done for us as an anniversary gift. I am a super sentimental person- I can just see this being used at one of my children's wedding someday. Jordan Wood will appreciate this, we are kindred, old spirits who love tradition:-) I am so grateful my meme did this for us. It will be something I can always treasure from her.

It was a great anniversary! We enjoyed our day very much. Tommorrow I am headed to NYC with my mom and sister. Since I am camera-less, I will probably be blowing up instagram. I would like to go ahead and apologize to the people who follow my pictures, it may get obnoxious.

Everyone, please keep Jordan Wood in your prayers as she is on a medical mission trip. I know she will be used in a great way:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment