Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Thursday, July 19, 2012

New York New York!!!

I have been way out of the blog loop because we have been out of town therefore I have many many blog posts to catch up on! I know everyone is dying of excitement, haha yeah right!!!

The day after our anniversary, I ventured to tobie en route to NYC!! I was soo thrilled. I had always always wanted to visit the city but had never had the opportunity. I was beyond excited when my mom, sister, and I decided to take a girls trip there. The city was everything I'd hoped it would be.  Most of you know that I am a huge planner. Naturally, I wanted to make sure our time in New York was spent wisely. My fab friend, Margaret is amazing at planning trips. She knows all the secrets and places to see. She created an itinerary for us to go by. It was great! I am so thankful she helped make our trip so smooth. Some of my favorite things about the trip were:

1. NBC studios!! I am a HUGE news nerd. My favorite is the Today Show. We went to Rockefeller plaza twice. I love it that much!! 
2. Mamma Mia on Broadway. I was excited to see this play because I loved the storyline. The show was even better than I expected. The acting was out of this world. So much talent, I enjoyed it so!! 
3. Shopping in SOHO. I love small stores and businesses. SOHO had it going on! I could have shopped there the entire trip. 
4. Ground Zero/ St. Paul's Church. I was very interested to see ground zero. A friend had recommended that I walk across to St. Paul's church. The church served as a place for the nypd and other relief workers to sleep and rest during the clean-up post 9/11. The church also serves as a memorial and tribute to the lives lost, survivors, and those who helped to bring relief. One of the neatest places I've ever seen. 

These are just a few of my favorite highlights, but honestly I enjoyed everything about the city. I can't wait to return! Hopefully sooner rather than later. Pictures from our girls vacay: 

I love that you can buy fresh flowers on the street corner. Why can't we have this in MS?!

At a store in SOHO. Some of the best tabletop displays I've ever seen and I have been to market! Nothing like NYC! 

Mom and I eating fantastic pizza at Lombardi's in SOHO 

Of course the accounting teacher wanted to see Wall Street! 

Hey Matt and Savannah! 

Love NBC studios. 

A view from Central Park, another favorite spot in the city. 

Times Square, lots of people and chaos.

Rock Center! I looked for Brian Williams, no luck. 

The Poe girls on Broadway

I recommend everyone take a girl's trip to NYC!! It was amazing, the perfect way to celebrate the ending of graduate school!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment