Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Monday, September 17, 2012

Ole Miss vs. Texas

This past weekend we headed to home/Oxford to cheer on the Ole Miss rebels against the Texas Longhorns. I was super excited for a couple of reasons. Number 1- I was meeting up with my friends who I rarely get to see anymore :( Number 2- A baby shower! Anyone who knows me knows that I love a great event- weddings, babies- you name it! I was thrilled to help host the first of hopefully many baby showers! Number 3- The BIG football game. I love going to the game. When I was in college, I enjoyed the grove more. Now that I am older, I look forward to the game more. Strange huh?!

Let's talk about the shower first. Mallory and I have been friends since high school! She was a part of the infamous magnolia heights/north delta group of girls:) As we continued to college, we all remained close. Now that we are older- we celebrate each other's weddings and now babies. How special!! Margaret's mom so graciously hosted Mallory's shower at her home. Now if you haven't been to Margaret's house in Oxford- you are missing out. It's in my top 5 of favorite homes. I told Margaret's mom one of my favorite things about her house is the fact she has so much CHINA! We even ate off real china at Margaret's wedding (which was hosted at her home!) Serving off fine china is such a lost art! It makes me so sad to see brides today not register for it. As I tell Julie all the time- You will be calling me one day to borrow mine when your baby is dedicated in the church. You will need it someday-I don't care what anyone says :-)

As my grandmother Joy would say- There is nothing prettier than gold-rimmed china. My favorite part of Margaret's house. 

Pretty Momma with just a few of her gifts. 




Margaret did such a fantastic job planning everything. She has quite the gift of hospitality!:-) 

Group Picture

One of my favorite parts about this weekend was having this chick as my grove partner until my husband arrived. She was the perfect date:-) I miss my Jordan so very much. She and I enjoy so much of the same things- but are so different that we tend to balance each other out. We could have life chats all the time, and if people would just listen to us- oh what a wonderful world it would be! 

There is no one like Lauran Booth!! I was so excited when she called and asked if she could ride with me to Oxford. We had such a fun time catching up. I wish we lived closer to each other! 

As you can tell-I miss my friends terribly. Thank goodness Ginny, Julie, and Marg are in Jackson! 

..And now off to the game

Hey Hugh!!! 

Miss America visits the Ole Miss game! Tell me this- Would she ever visit Starkville?! Of course not:-) 

There are only so many red shirts in the Ole Miss world! The Simpson twins

I looked as though I had obviously been sweating in the grove all day! haha. We may have lost- big time! But I feel Ole Miss was represented very well. I was proud to be a rebel! 

Now it's off to New Orleans to see the Rebels earn their first win on the road for this season. I'm sure a fun time will be had by all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment