Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Sunday, September 30, 2012

So Long September!

I cannot believe today is the last day of September! This season is flying by! Pretty soon-it will be time to put up a Christmas tree. Not quite ready for that. I love the season of fall and we are thoroughly enjoying our time. Last weekend we headed to New Orleans to watch the rebels play Tulane. I was lucky to be able to catch up with some friends:

Cheering on the rebels! 

..and Jim and I also got to spend some time hanging out in New Orleans. I must say New Orleans has not always been a favorite of mine. I like it, just don't love it. The reason for this is-I didn't know much past Bourbon Street. We actually spent some time walking around, shopping, and eating after the game. The weather was perfect and it was a lovely afternoon. In fact, we decided we must come back for another weekend getaway. I texted Jordan on the way home insisting we make it a couples weekend. I didn't have to do too much convincing. Hopefully we'll be back soon! 

 One of my favorite parts about the weekend was our dinner Saturday night. This was my desert- Pecan Bread Pudding. Amazing!! Bread pudding is my absolute favorite (I'm sure I've only mentioned that about 20 times.) 

Thanks to Adam and Carlin for suggesting a great dinner spot! 

This weekend I have been totally lazy. Friday night Ginny and I went to see Trouble with the Curve. The movie was fantastic!! I had asked Ginny to go see it with me about a month ago, haha! It definitely lived up to my expectation. I would recommend it! I had great company too:) 

Saturday, I did a little shopping for fall clothes. It's my favorite season of all for clothes. I was so excited to find exactly what I was looking for- a fit and flare skit! Can't wait to wear it. 

Unfortunately, I have felt absolutely horrible all day today! Must be the allergies. We even had to miss church today- which I hate to do! My sweet husband is doing the grocery shopping for the week right now and getting me some good cold meds and popsicles! He is a lifesaver! Hopefully, I'll be back to normal tomorrow for my kiddos! Happy October! 


No comments:

Post a Comment