Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Denise turns the big 50!

October has sure been a busy month with all the football games and such. I have been looking forward and planning for October for some time now. My mom celebrated her big birthday and we wanted to make it very special!!

Most everyone knows that I HATE taking off work. If you are a teacher- you will understand that being away is ten times more stressful than just going in! Luckily, I have fantastic classes this year so I decided to slip away for the big day. We (Annie and I) came up for Mom's birthday on Thursday night without her even knowing! This is unheard of considering I talk to her multiple times a day. I was so afraid she or someone else would see me in town- I hurried to Coldwater to stay at Meme's as soon as I hit the Tate county line. 

I had gotten a cake made in Jackson for her surpise lunch on Friday: 

Check out those nice photos!! 

Coach Patterson helped us make our grand entrance. I think she was surpised?! 


Hello Mom!! 

It was a fun lunch with all the teachers! I was so excited we were able to be there. 

I had made this sign for her door. Mrs. Susan hung it up for me! I wish you could see the close-up of all pictures. Meme did a great job helping me find some good ones. 

After school, we headed to Memphis for dinner. Our friends, Stan and Seetala Woods (and Marshal of course!) joined our family. We missed Jim who was at work and Mrs. Susan and Mr. Ricky!

 Mom doesn't look 50, does she?!

One of Mom's special gifts were "50" Happy Birthday messages and memories from family, friends, co-workers, and students! I was so thankful to everyone that participated. It is something special my mom can keep forever! 

It was a great day! Now if only we can top it for when Chuck turns the big 50 next year!! Guess we have some time to plan:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment