Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

So long Maybeline

If you are aware who Maybeline is- then either you have been in my life since high school or I have at some point given you a ride home. Maybeline was my trusty old saturn that I proudly drove for almost nine years. She was a great car. I have so many fond memories from many stages of life that include that little car. In fact, here is a picture of the day I received good ole maybeline.

I sorta had to take a picture of a picture, haha. This was taken in the parking lot of MHS when I was 16! My parents surprised me at school with a new car. My friend Whitney (who's also in the pic) was so in on the surprise. The first place we went- no other than SONIC! If you grew up in Senatobia you know that this was the place to be. We were so cool.

Sadly, Maybeline was getting too old and too expensive to maintain. Therefore, we traded her in for what I consider to be a grown-up car, a Honda Pilot. Don't get me wrong- We are thrilled to have a new car and very thankful. But saying goodbye to my first car was bittersweet.

I hope I have many new "grown-up" memories in our new car. I think I even look older driving it.

But what will it be called? It's hard to beat Maybeline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment