Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a lovely Thanksgiving this year! We got to spend several days in Senatobia with our families which was very nice. I enjoyed shopping with Meme and being lazy at home with my mom!! Oh yea- there was also a pretty good football game! :-)

Aunt Becca and Annie! 

Trying to get a family picture- didn't really work out, haha. 





Ne-ne got Annie a HUGE bone to keep her busy during Thanksgiving! Unfortunately, she wasn't too interested. She eventually came around..haha 


On Saturday, we headed to Oxford for the big game. Let me just tell you- it was cold!!!! I am NOT a fan of this type of weather. You know it must be true love if I sit out in that mess! It was well worth it. This game was one of my favorite I've seen in the Vaught. We are so proud that our Rebels are going to a bowl game!!  

Jim and I getting ready for the game. I was all bundled. I even had warmers in my boots. I'm a whimp. 

It was a great night to be a rebel! We don't get to celebrate that often- so celebrate we did:-) 

While at home, I also got to do some Christmas shopping. I think it is so important to support small businesses! I am especially partial to my Senatobia stores. Lauren and I always like to do a little shopping around town the day after Thanksgiving. We headed to Mimi's, The Other Side, Special Daze, and The Closet!! I think we were pretty successful! On Saturday before the game, I was able to visit with my dear friend, Erin. She has the most PRECIOUS store on the square in Oxford. She was one of my baby owls back in the day:-) I am so proud for her! Of course, I found just the gift I was looking for! 

The first gift under the Simpson Christmas tree. If you are in the Oxford area- shop Olive Juice Gifts! 


Even though it was a great break- I did miss my kiddos. It is always good to be back in the swing of things... and The Brandon Bulldogs are in the state championship as we speak. We had spirit week all this week.

The only time I will ever cheer for a bulldog!:-) 

I guess it's time to kiss November and fall goodbye! Onto Christmas it is!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment