Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lazzzy Weekends

And a lazy weekend it was! It was much welcomed with all the recent traveling we have done lately. Amazingly, I won't be going anywhere until thanksgiving comes and we head to good ole tate county. Can you believe it? I love staying home even though I miss my family terribly. Some highlights from this weekend:

After school on Friday, My teacher friends, Anna Katherine and Woodward, and I headed to Dirt Cheap to dig for some bargains. I love a good deal. I also have no shame. As long as I like what I'm wearing and feel good in it- I don't care if it costs $5.00! However unfortunately it usually costs more than that. My mom has always told me I have champagne taste on a beer budget. HA! We found some good deals though. I got a sweater for  $7.00, and two dresses. All for the whopping total of $28.00!!! We left the poor pregnant woman guarding all our junk:


Friday night, we cooked out at Ginny and Brandon's. It was super fun and Julie and Andrew joined as well. Saturday, we just laid around and watched football. Annie loved snuggling up with me all day.



By the way, ^That's my seven dollar sweater. 

We also went to celebrate our friend's sweet baby boy's first birthday

Happy Birthday Jack! 

Saturday night, I decided to set my dining room table for Thanksgiving. I'm not hosting Thanksgiving, nor will we even be here for the holiday. Jim gets some days off that week and we'll head to Senatobia on Tuesday. I just did it mainly because it makes me feel good! ha! I'm not quite finished. I have to get the rest of my napkins dry cleaned, but it makes my house feel ever so cozy. 

I love a good place setting. The china is Wedgewood-Vera Wang Champagne Duchess. I picked it out when I was 16! Ironically, the year we got married, the pattern was retired. Thankfully, I was able to get several place settings! 
The charger is Annie Glass- only the best thing ever. 
The gold flatware was my grandmother's and is another favorite. I love gold as you can tell! 
The napkins are Vietri- the second best thing behind Annie Glass. Can't wait to bring out Vietri Christmas in just two weeks!! 

The placemats were also my grandmothers! 

This week is going to be exciting- Election day and Mistletoe! My mom is also coming down which I am very excited about. Magnolia is playing in the state championship Friday afternoon. She will hopefully come down on Thursday and stay until Saturday. We also only have two more weeks until Thanksgiving break- so much to look forward to! 




No comments:

Post a Comment