Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

D.C. Stop!

On our way home from Boston, we had a long layover in D.C. We decided to make the most of it and explore. Since Jim had never been and it had been over ten years since I went in school, we were real tourists for the day! I contacted my favorite D.C. girl-Mary Mitchell to help me plan. It was perfect and we had just enough time to see some of the famous spots. I was so grateful she was able to make some great suggestions:-) Thanks mitch!!

FDR Memorial 






MLK memorial 

Lincoln Memorial 


WWII Memorial 


We had lunch at the Old Ebbitt Grill which was wonderful! Then we walked to the White House for a picture. 



After the photo stop-we went to the Smithsonian Museums. We did a quick walk through at the natural history then headed over to American history where I saw my favorite exhibit: 


THE FIRST LADIES! 
Every first lady picks a china pattern (because they know how important it is to have china!) This exhibit had all the patterns displayed. The above pattern was chosen by Laura Bush. But my favorite of the line was this beautiful pattern: 

Nancy Reagan's pattern (by Lenox) 

Michelle Obama's inagural dress- so very pretty in person. 

We ended the day with a brisk walk through Arlington to the tomb of the unknown soldier: 


Definitely a fun detour on the way home, but certainly worth a trip back by itself! 



No comments:

Post a Comment