Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Monday, July 15, 2013

June Updates

I'm back from an unintentional break of keeping my blog updated! I am not very good when I'm out of a routine, and as hard as I try-summer is just NEVER a routine:)! June was a pretty fun and eventful month! We found out Jim was going to have surgery about mid-way through the month so that took up most of the last 2 weeks of June! Thankfully, everything went great and he is getting back to normal every day.

While I was taking care of him, I became very sick! YUCK. Jim is a much better patient than me. I cannot sit still, it drives me crazy to be ill. Baby Becca had to come to the rescue a few times with dinner! ha. Some updates from the month:

Ginny and I finished our sewing class. This is fabric from a tote bag that we did. Let me just say this-SEWING IS HARD. I'm super glad that I learned the basics, especially about how to work a sewing machine. But I did not enjoy the patterns-not patient enough! It's kinda like math-(and we know I'm terrible at math) Ginny was a much better student than me, and I may have cheated of her a time or two. 

We have enjoyed our summer nights and Annie loves having her friends over to play.DOGS EVERYWHERE! They are trying to help Ginny cook;) 

Our friend, Frannie, got married in Oxford! This is Lelia and I at the rehearsal dinner. 

While in Oxford, I was able to catch up with some of my favorite chi-o girls! Emily and I out in Ox!

And look who came in from Cali!! Loved seeing my best friend Hannah! 

Yes I went out. and even made it to square pizza with Margaret and Jordan! 

Julie and I on Fran's wedding day! Oh I miss my partner in crime living close to me. 

Pretty Bride! 

..and since we were on house arrest for our second anniversary. Jim ordered chocolate covered strawberries for us to enjoy at home. We were pitiful-ha. But we made up for it with a nice dinner at Shapley's a few weeks later. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blogpost and loved seeing you more!
    I tried to teach myself how to sew...all I can do is napkins b/c all I need to do is a straight line!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete