Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding Part 1

2012 is THE year of weddings for me! At the end of this year, I will have been in four weddings! I just love this stage of life. I can't wait for every single one of them. Not to mention 2 of them are probably 2 of the closest friends I've ever had-pretty much sisters. So this is my best friends wedding part 1- The wedding of Mrs. Jordan Wood!! Part 2 will be in May with the wedding of Miss Julie Still!!

Jordan's wedding was the weekend of January 7th in Como, Mississippi. The ceremony was held at Mt. Zion in Independence (which is the same church Coach Freeze was ordained in, but I don't think thats why she chose to get married here..maybe though hehe.) Everything was just beautiful. Jordan really wanted a "winter" theme! Ellen Glosson, of Everblooms, did the flowers and she did a fantastic job! And let me just say-Ellen truly has a gift. Jordan and I were the same "type" of bride. As in, we were very particular and OCD about details, haha. She pretty much saw our vision:-) So if you need a florist in North Ms- she's your girl!

Jordan's Flowers

Love the centerpieces! 

And here comes the bride....

She was one of the prettiest brides I have ever seen! The veil, dress, and everything was just perfect! 

That's me putting on her garter. When we became engaged (exactly 2 days apart), We wanted to have something we shared on our wedding day. I ordered this garter from etsy last spring for us! We hope to one day pass it on to our sisters and maybe even daughters someday. 

The reception was at 211 Main in Como- 
Great Band- Party Planet! (I think)

Such a fun reception! 

Hot Chocolate in Mason Jars with cup runneth over scripture- precious! 

Okay I know this is half eaten but it was my favorite part of the reception. The groom's cake was in the shape of the state. Both Hattiesburg and Senatobia were included to represent their hometowns. How cute is that?! Feature that MS magazine!! 

Best Friends (for a long time!!) 

..And of they left with a sprinkle of snow to Calabash Cove in St. Lucia! 

It was a perfect, flawless wedding that I was so happy to be apart of- Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Wood! 




No comments:

Post a Comment