Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend in NOLA!

I just got back from Lissa's bachelorette party in New Orleans!! We had a blast!!! Melissa's wedding is in March- but her birthday was Friday. So this was the perfect weekend to throw her bachelorette bash! We had a large, but great, group. The theme was disco. Now, most people know that I do not like to dress up. It is way out of my comfort zone, I even loathed certain swaps because I did NOT want to wear anything related to that theme. (I promise I'm not that boring, just don't like wearing crazy stuff.) Since Melissa has been one of my best friends since the day we moved in Martin- she knew this was a little out there for me. She provided my outfit. Which was a cute, and tame, black and white dress. I wore platform gogo boots- way out there for me and a great wig. Whew! I was scared I wouldn't like all the attention we would get on Bourbon Street. However, since there was SO many of us- it was a blast! We took lots of pictures that I'm sure are somewhere on the internet without our knowledge. 

We started out the evening with dinner at Antoine's in the French Quarter. I had eaten here before for Fran's debutante and really liked it, I was excited. We were put in the "dungeon." I can't imagine why they would want to hide 15 girls in disco outfits. After dinner, we headed to Bourbon Street where we were the most popular girls around. Here are a few pictures from the night: 

All the group before going out. Please note the Bride in the middle. 

Hannah and I- she's a much better disco girl that I am. I look ridiculous- my hair wouldn't stay on.

She was a hit everywhere she went. 

Even the singer wanted to be her. 

The bride and I!

It was a great weekend- a nice break from school. However, I'm off to a grad school group meeting, yuck. 5 more months and I'm done. 

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment