Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Friday, February 3, 2012

Effie

Well I thought when I married my Jim- my love for cats would cease. WRONG!! God has a funny sense of humor because here I am with my new buddy: 




The Story Behind Effie: 
   When we moved into our house, the old owners told us they couldn't catch their cat to take it with them.  The cat was wild and wouldn't let anyone near it. A few days after we moved in, here comes the cat! We couldn't catch her either. However, we did let them know she was back. PLEASE NOTE: We did tell them she had returned. I am not a cat stealer. Well of course, I tried to make friends. She wouldn't have any of it. The next day when my mom arrived, she caught her! We brought her inside and tried to feed her some milk. She was very very afraid. I have had many many cats and never have I seen a cat this fearful. I knew I would have to get her to trust me somehow. So I bought cat food and begin leaving it outside in the garage at night; I left the door cracked so she could get in from the outside. She started coming around more and warming up to me. Now, she comes inside on her OWN! She doesn't make it past the kitchen but we're working on it. Now I am very aware that this isn't my cat. I know. But until they come to get her, I'll treat her just like my Eleanor.  

The Name Effie:
       Most everyone knows I love "E" names, hence Eleanor and Eunice. I've also had an Emma. Effie is the name of my great grandmother. I also have a great aunt Etta, maybe I should get a friend for Effie.





No comments:

Post a Comment