Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Saturday, December 1, 2012

'Tis the SEASON!

I have finished spreading a little Christmas cheer around our house! One of my favorite things is our Christmas tree. I talked Jim into getting a real tree this year from a local farmer's market. I absolutely love it. It wasn't the easiest thing-especially when you are accustomed to having a pre-lit tree! Once I had put all the lights on the tree, they stopped working. Oh yes- it was not pretty. We had to buy all new lights from Wal-mart. Therefore, we don't have as many lights on the tree as I would prefer. I'll be stocking up on some after Christmas. 

Our Christmas tree 2012! 

The top of our tree! I can't wait to get more ting-ting after Christmas. I love this stuff! I mixed up my jute and mesh ribbon this year. I really like the contrast. 

This is one of my favorite Christmas ornaments. I bought it at Mistletoe this year! Many of you know that my grandmother's name was Joy. I always love to collect Christmas "Joy" things, just like her! 

Another favorite- it has our wedding date on it! I will always love weddings:) 

My favorite Radko ornament of all time! 

How funny is this?! My mom let me have this ornament for my tree. It was originally hung on my grandmothers. Of course, my mother has one as well! haha. 

Mine and Jim's stockings! Don't judge me for having the empty picture frame on my mantle..I know it's tacky. I'm adding a picture asap! 

Little Annie's first stocking!! 

The "Joy" sign on my mantle. This was made by a teacher that I work with- her blog is on my list "All Things Beautiful" I love it- she does great work!

For all the Christmas cards I hope to get! 


:::And my favorite room of the house- The Dining Room!  

I love my nativity set that was given to me last Christmas by my mother-in-law! Goes perfect on top of my china cupboard. 

The Christmas china was my grandmothers (Lenox). I love seeing this china everyday on my table, brings back such great holiday memories of her! 

'Tis the season y'all! 





No comments:

Post a Comment