Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

I know I have said it many many time but Easter is my favorite holiday! Without this holiday, we would be nothing. We had the most wonderful worship service this morning at our church filled with beautiful music and a meaningful message! It was definitely the highlight of our holiday.

I have to admit I was nervous this would be a difficult holiday for us. This is the first time we haven't been able to be at home with all our family for a holiday. Being married to an accountant means you can't go anywhere the last weekend of a quarter! However thanks to some great visitors, we had a wonderful weekend! When you can't go home to your family, just have your family come to you:-) 

On Thursday, my mom, sister, and grandmother came to stay. We did lots of shopping and apartment hunting for my sister who will be moving here in May. 

Everyone was excited to see Aunt Becca! I was sad to see them leave Saturday morning, but it gave me time to get things ready for Easter lunch. Even though it would just be Jim and me, I wanted to do a special lunch. I decided to cook a turkey, hashbrown casserole, carrots, rolls, and a strawberry dessert. I think all went well. 

Early morning cooking. Complete with all the necessities-the Mrs. Hudson cookbook and my roasting pot. Two of my favorite items I received at my kitchen shower when I got married! 

What's Easter without a set dining room table?! Easter was my nana Joy's favorite holiday. We LOVED to decorate her dining room for lunch, so I get it honestly. I love that I get to use a lot of her stuff in my own home now. 

One of my precious students gave me this sweet McCarty bunny! It was perfect for my table. 

Here's the china once again! I could use this everyday. Cups and saucers are one of my favorites-so dainty! 

Is there anything more beautiful than gold rimmed china and flatware. 

Easter has Peters and McCarty written all over it! 


All ready for worship! 

A little easter photo shoot with our Annie. 



Jim's parents came into town this evening so we have had a fun filled day! It has been such a blessing to stop and remember the sacrifice that was made for us. I hope you and your family had a great holiday!

He is not here; He has risen, just as He said. 
Matthew 28:6



2 comments: