Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel

Annie and I have been solo this weekend since Jim went to run a 5k. I had a ton of grad school work to do, so we stayed here! I have to say I was thrilled to have a weekend at home. We have been on the road so much lately, I just wanted some time to get caught up on everything!

This has not been the easiest school year! I love love teaching, but it's not the easiest job! ..And grad school on top of that has not been too fun either. My friend Kelli (my good friend that has kept me sane this year, I wouldn't have made it without her) keeps reminding me you can see the light at the end of the tunnel! In about a month, I'll have most everything behind me. Whew!

Last night, I did something so crazy. I went to sonic for dinner, and wouldn't you know that apparantly it's not just the hangout in Senatobia-it's like a world wide thing. They (teenagers) even take up the right side, you know the one that's not connected just like Tobie. I think pipes were "reved" up at me. I guess that's how you spell reved?! ..And I went to Target and bought 2 mats for the house. I told you it was crazy! Today, I piddled which I'm an expert at and completed one of my last big grad school projects. Tell me this, How was I to get anything done with this little one??


In addition to working on grad school, cleaning, and doing laundry- I watched 2 Hallmark movies. I loved loved both of them. They're so cheesy-It's like Facing the Giants kind of thing. But these are the best movies! I mean good, clean, family, movies! Even Annie enjoyed them! 

She really does LOVE watching T.V. It's the funniest thing. 

We took a break and played outside since it was such a beautiful day! We really had such a great Saturday! Even though, I had lots of work today. It was pretty relaxing. And there is light at the end of the tunnel! I'm not sure when, but I know I'll be glad I finished my Masters. I'll have to say I'm already thinking ahead to next school year- when I will actually be able to just enjoy my work :) 

Tomorrow, we are going to baby Jack's baptism so it's off to bed Annie and I go! 



One last thing- CONGRATS to my bff, Margaret Britt Baker on passing the BAR! We are so proud of our little smarty pants. Although we all knew she would pass, I know she is glad all her hard work paid off. We love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment