Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Home for the Hurricane

Or better yet...the tropical storm! We are out of school for the bad weather we are experiencing here in cental Mississippi. I was pleasantly suprised to hear that we would be out of school today. However, weather has been pretty rough (lots of wind and rain!) Is it enough to be at home and not at work? That's probably a question for the birds:) Oh well, I'll take a day off.

As soon as we heard that there would be no school today, I immediately started to construct a mental list of all the things I could do today! I always feel very guilty when I stay at home and don't accomplish anything productive. So my list for today is as follows: laundry, laundry, and more laundry, dust, mop, clean windows, bath the dog, school work, pack for the weekend, clean out the refrigerator, and update my blog. Let's hope I get to cross those projects off at the end of today! Big Brother comes on at 8 and I must be ready. If you are an avid fan of the show, such as I, this season is epic! Last night's episode was one for the books. I can't wait to see what happens tonight!!

Look at my little sidekick for today:
Annie is terrified of this storm. She tries to go outside to use the bathroom and then runs back in. She is afraid of all the rain too! There is also a nice flood forming in our yard which doesn't help the matter. Needless to say, we have resorted back to puppy pads for the next couple of days. Which make my mopping chore a little more difficult.

Some updates from the month of August:::

We finally got Annie a collar since we are going to work on transitioning her to being outside more:-)

Naturally, it's pink! She is such a big girl now. 

We have been making the most of our outdoor cooking area! Last Sunday, we cooked out and used our fire pit to make yummy smores! It was quite fun. 

...and last but not least. August brings hope of a new football season! The Simpson house is all ready for a new year. Obviously this picture was taken a couple of weeks ago! Our front porch and yard look like a diaster area now with all the limbs down! 

We are excited about heading north for the Labor Day weekend to cheer on the rebels!! I am also excited about staying at my parent's house, seeing my grandmother, doing some shopping, and playing with Eleanor! There's no place like home!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment