Home

Home
"You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Thursday, December 1, 2011

On the Furniture Hunt...

I am on the lookout for dining room furniture!! I am oh so excited. To me, a dining room is the best part of the house!!! I can't believe I can actually start looking for my own. Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved fancy things- like china. I picked my china out when I was 16! My grandmothers had a huge part in making me fall in love with fancy things! My nana, Joy, and I used to spend hours in her dining room just decorating and playing! Oh, how I miss those days.

While at home for break, my mom and I decided to look at Sheffields antiques. I have just started to look for furniture so I'm not planning to buy until several months from now. However, I knew I would find something. I usually do-

A china cabinet is my favorite piece of furniture. I loved all the display room in this one. 

Adorable corner cabinet! I could find lots of uses for this in rooms other than a dining room. 

The color on this cabinet was to die for- This picture just doesn't do it justice. I loved the side panes, my grandmother's is very similar. 

I thought this table was adorable. Maybe it's just the chair covers but I just felt it was very girly (which I'm all about.) This was a good price as well, definitely a possibility. 

This was another dining room set- I didn't get a good picture of the table. This set was a steal! The chairs had been recovered in burlap-pretty pintrest-ish! 

I loved this piece! However, it was a little pricey. (I do not like to pay full price for ANYTHING!) 


So the furniture hunt has begun..I told my friend Ginny to get ready to hit up the anitque stores once Christmas is over. Any advice would be great:) I'm just a rookie at this furniture stuff!! 

2 comments:

  1. Jacqueline -
    I am a lifelong friend of Carlin (and Adam, for a bunch of years). Please check out "When Pigs Fly" in Olde Towne, Clinton. That is our store... and we are ALL ABOUT making deals. Larry's (my husband)middle name is "negotiate." We have a "When Pigs Fly" Facebook page.. and if you let us know something you want... we will be on the lookout for it. I also have an AWESOME woman who paints furniture for me!

    Hope to see you sometimes at WPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dining table is absolutely charming! The chocolate-brown color is perfect for a dining table. It actually reminded me of chocolate at first glimpse. Hehe. Your furniture looks beautiful. I'm certain your dining room would be a grand sight. =)

    Jeremy Killian

    ReplyDelete